Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I did some sewing!




I have been craving a chance to sew something. I did these little baby slipper 'shoes' from stuff I found at my mother-in-law's house. They have some thick stuff (lamb's wool?) inside the fabric, and I used sleeper foot fabric for the bottom. Very cute, but next time, I will make them bigger and make the heel piece so it comes up higher, and not put the thick stuff in the heel. These would be fun baby gifts with some really cute fabric.


Also, here is the stuff K has for college so far. She's very excited for it all. There is also a set of sheets in there that you can't see. The pan set was $9.88, after rebate. The other day she said, "I can't wait to have my own kitchen." I said, "That is because you're a woman and you want to be domestic." D overheard and was a smart alec: "That's because she's a woman and wants to be in charge!" Too true!