Sunday, May 10, 2009

Planting the garden

I looked out the back window yesterday and this is what I saw. The kids helped plant the garden and while doing it decided to all pitch in and buy a hammock. This was pretty cute. It was fun watching them try to get in and out of it, too.

We planted tomatoes, salad tomatoes, zucchini (we'll eat some and let the boys carve the rest into boats), cucumbers, little pumpkins, medium pumpkins, jumbo pumpkins, watermelon, cantaloupe, jalapeno peppers, green bell peppers, one chocolate bell pepper (chocolate colored--Seth picked it out), inca marigolds to keep the bugs off the veggies, and hollyhock seeds. I can't wait to have fresh vegetables! We rely on our ward garden for green beans, onions, and corn on the cob.

4 comments:

  1. I want to come and sit your hammock.. and sit and sit and sit and sit and have food brought to me so I don't have to get up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come and sit in your hammock and sit and sit and sit and sit and have food brought to me so I don't have to get up and sit some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commenting confused me...HEHE.. I must be tired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes McKrola Family you must have been tired when writing those comments. hehe. I LOVE the hammock, especially Ellie's expression.

    ReplyDelete