Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Applesauce part 1











Wow, we had a ton of apples. The picture on the left is the apples we gave to neighbors. The picture of the two boxes is really not a good representation. The big box is four feet by 3 feet by 2 1/2 feet deep, and the apples are gigantic, even though they look small in the pictures. The box on the right is full of the wormy ones that we'll cut up for applesauce. Although, I think I am just going to keep right on going until all the rest of my jars are full. I think I have 50 empty jars--40 for applesauce, 10 for applepie filling, if I can make it that long. Total, I think we had 11 bushels! We've made apple crisp twice. I want to make some with raisins in it, but I keep forgetting to put raisins in. But homemade ice cream is really good on it either way!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived closer than I would be over begging for apples! :-) I am seeing that my 18 qts of applesauce is not going to last me very long. Landon LOVES applesauce!

    ReplyDelete