Sunday, January 17, 2010

Food for the Week.

-Small shells mixed with cottage cheese/cream cheese and marinara sauce (from Rachael Ray's show last week), green salad, french bread. Still haven't had this.
-Rice and beans from the freezer on flour tortillas, corn. Still haven't had this.
-Leftover chicken noodle soup for lunch with a sandwich (the kids have no school Monday and Tuesday). Still eating this.
-Shredded chicken on corn tortillas, fried, carrot sticks. Still haven't had this.
-Boxed creamy macaroni and cheese and ground beef patties, green peas. Still haven't had this.
-Fish from the freezer, smashed red potatoes, broc/caul/carrots blend veggies. Still have lots of fish.

More later when I decide what sounds good. Sheesh. I guess that's my problem. I like to cook whatever sounds good. But it is nice to have a menu for those times when I need it. So what HAVE we had?

-potato and ham soup and homemade rolls (twice)
-pig in a blankets
-fish and curly potatoes
-shredded bbq roast beef on buns
-chow mein noodle casserole from the freezer club. Not only did some of the noodles 'grow' and 'sog' in the sauce, but there were also bean sprouts in the casserole. Tasted good. For those of us who could eat it without whining.

Oh, and I've been wanting brownies forever! But I wasn't going to be the one to bring it up. When Marebear asked if she could make brownies, I said, "I thought you'd never ask." I hope they don't remember that there are six brownies sitting on a plate in the cupboard waiting for dessert time.

No comments:

Post a Comment