Friday, February 26, 2010

Ramblings

I can't sign on to post on my blog when I'm on my regular computer. So I haven't been poastin gmuch. I mean posting much. (I got side track and looked over at the women's slalom).

Today, I decided to play hookie from housekeeping, at least for the morning. I called Dana and went to a fabric store. Got some ribbing to make baby bibs. And I found fabric to make the birthday tablecloth I've been wanting to make. And tonight I sewed a lime green glittery mermaid costume for my niece. I will post a picture of her in it later. It was fun to sew that, once I figured out how, except that LE was helping. She got into the buttons, the pins, the bags of beads, etc. Bedtime was a relief.

I haven't been keeping up on my menus. I make my list and then just cook what I want, whether its on the list or not. But it is nice to have a list and know that I have all the ingredients for those meals. I made homemade chicken noodle soup the other day. Made the noodles homemade with my pasta maker--that took a while and got flour all over the kitchen! But it was delicious and I froze two bags of it, too! Other yummies I made this week:
ham and pineapple pizza
Danish puff
meat loaf and baked potatoes
pancakes
mandarin orange spinach salad
ate hot dogs and birthday cake at the blue and gold banquet
hmm, I can't remember what else!

This week I worked on my portfolio summary--which is a spreadsheet of the aims of a BYU education (about 20 of them). I had to go through all my classes and give examples of how they met those aims. It was hard work hunting down and reviewing the last 8 years, but it was rewarding reminding myself of all the things I've accomplished! Next week, I am going to write a 6 page reflective paper about how my education has met the BYU aims. Doesn't sound too hard, but I started on it, and I'm finding it difficult to think of what to write. Then I have a one page essay and I. AM. DONE. With my Bachelor Degree!!!! I keep feeling the excitement.

I need to think of what things I want to do next. My list includes learning photoshop, updating kids books, sewing a birthday tablecloth!, cleaning out the storage room, painting my bedroom, deciding which class materials to save, organizing my notes from research, updating the histories I wrote so people can have them, cleaning some things, playing with kids. And then the list gets into things that always need to be done (like work outside in the yard).

Wow, is it ten o'clock already. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment