Friday, October 29, 2010

Dinner in a Pumpkin--Fun but Failed

I decided to try making dinner in a pumpkin. I cleaned the pumpkin guts out and even drew a face on it. What a fun mommy. (Except some people were whining about the recipe I intended to put in it--and even went so far as to tell me with a straight face that they wouldn't be here for dinner.) I filled it with this recipe that is actually very yummy:

Chow Mein Noodle Casserole

½ c. rice
1 lb browned hamburger
1 ½ c. water
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
¼ c. soy sauce
Mix and cook 1 hour with lid on at 350. Uncover and add chow mein noodles. Cook ½ hour more.

I minused the chow mein noodles and cooked that puppy for an hour and a half.
Nuttin'. The pumpkin was well-roasted, but the rice hadn't even begun to soften. If I do this again, I will cook the rice first!

No comments:

Post a Comment