Wednesday, December 15, 2010

(Minor) Things I Love

I saw this topic over at Mormon Mommy Wars, and it got me thinking about all the little things I love:

The sound of the washer and the dishwasher running. It’s work getting done.

Sleepy head two-year-olds saying good morning.

Doing Jilian Michael's 30-day Shred. Well, not doing it, but the feeling after I did it.

Antibiotics. My 12-year-old is all better from strep.

Yummy smelling candles.

Toast dipped in hot chocolate.

Getting back into bed after an early morning send-off (especially when my hubby is still there).

Playing with play-doh in nursery after a stressful choir practice. You don't have to worry about what play-doh or nursery kids think!

Seeing my 6 foot 17-year-old playing with his two-year-old sister.

The container aisle at the store.

The kitchen gadget aisle at the store.

Brownies.

Christmas concerts.

Staying home on a snowy day.

Visiting teachers that come during December.

Also--I got to do two fun things that really made me feel Christmasy. I have two new friends who knew each other when they lived on the church ranch in Florida. One of them invited us to bring cookies to her house for cookie plates. Then we went caroling to deliver them, had hot chocolate, and watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas. FUN Family Home Evening! The other friend invited me to come help out at their chocolate factory (Mrs. Cavanaugh's). I got to help box chocolates complete with an assembly line, Christmas music, and a conveyor belt. Yummm. I took home a bag of delicious chocolates!

Please comment and tell me what you love! I would love to know who is viewing my blog!

1 comment:

  1. I love going to the ward Christmas Party, when Santa comes.

    I love baking sugar cookies.

    I love the glow from the Christmas Tree, when its dark out.

    I like making things for my children.

    Reading a good book.

    ReplyDelete