Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goodbye Old Friend

Are you surprised to see the old friend I am referring to? Me, too! Yep. My lovely white GE stove is getting replaced today. Two of the burners don't work, the kitchen timer button has to be jimmied, there is something falling down inside the window, the self-clean has had trouble for a few years, and the drawer has never played nice. So it's leaving today, and I'm having feelings of sadness. Isn't that funny?
I had to stop and wonder why. I think it's because of all the good this stove and I have cranked out together. Zillions of delicious meals for my family (and a few not-so-delicious). Zillions of bottles of fruit and juice for our food storage. Jars of Christmas Jelly for our neighbors for the last 12 years. Meals for sick neighbors or neighbors who just had babies. Thanksgiving and Christmas and Easter dinners. Cookies for and with my kids.
Good work stove. You've done your job well.

No comments:

Post a Comment