Sunday, June 5, 2011

Graduation Cake

Kari and I wanted to make a black and red and yellow graduation cake for Caleb. Caleb wanted chocolate cake and chocolate frosting, so our only option was to make the chocolate frosting the black part of the cake. If you have a better solution, please tell me. Because though the cake was delicious and cute, black frosting is interesting.

First of all, I used a WHOLE little bottle of food color gel. And, can I just say, that our teeth and our tongues were not the only things this cake turned black. The plates, the sink, our fingers, and the baby's diaper (inside) were all black. And a cake with black frosting just doesn't look that appetizing. Anyway, so there are (is?) my two cents, in case you were thinking about making a black cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment