Thursday, September 8, 2011

Still Alive and menu ideas

Yes, even though I AM forty, I am still alive. My brain is more crazy than normal. This is what the to-do list I made last night looks like. My brain was flitting.
color my hair
call Kari to encourage in the job hunt
text Maren to remind her to get her driver's ed info card
do little boy's laundry
send some emails
do a fhe on prayer next Monday for little boys
enter checks in Quicken
buy insertable toilet bowl cleaner so our toilets don't look so terrible all the time
can tomato puree
call cement lifter guy to come fix our front steps
spray the apple tree
clean rotten peaches out of cooler

It is 2 p.m. and I've only done about two of those things, plus a dozen others, and I'm exhausted. I even mowed the front lawn just to get out-of-doors.

I have been car-less during the day yesterday and today. It has actually been quite wonderful. It has been nice to focus on things at home a bit more, and to not spend money (except for the car fix-it bill). AND NO, I cannot drive you to football, you'll have to ride your bike. NO, I cannot drive you to the church even though you're late. Today: NO, I cannot drive you to volleyball, football, OR on the paper route. So, Mr. Car Fix-It Man, take as long as you want fixing my car!

Menu
-pizza on Italian loaves of bread from Walmart's day old pile (pepperoni, pepperoni with peppers, onions, and olives, and ham and pineapple, green salad)
-baked potatoes with sour cream, butter, bacon, cheese, and green onions, corn on the cob, homemade rolls, choc. chip cookies, nectarine/grape salad (took dinner to someone, thus the super yumminess of the meal) Nectarines were 60 cents a pound; grapes 99 cents a pound. Wowsers.
-Hawaiian Haystacks--chopped chicken in cream of chicken soup, over rice, add toppings: onions, pineapple, olives, peppers (super smart me, I chopped all of these when I made pizzas and saved them for this day), leftover corn cut off the cob, chow mein noodles, cheese. Mmmm.
-homemade fresh salsa and chips with quesadillas
-spaghetti or lasagna with sauce made from the zillions of tomatoes in my garden

No comments:

Post a Comment