Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day and other stuff


Caleb's desk in Portugal.  As a mom, I loved studying each item!


Baptism of Ana Laura in Coimbra Portugal.
My Christmas phone call from Elder Lee comforted me quite a bit (not that I was languishing  or anything, but I really miss him!) Now, when tears threaten, I realize that it is as much because I miss him as it is because he is doing great things!
Found a music shop.  Played trombone for 10 minutes.
Had swollen lips the rest of the day. 
I love this picture.  My boy looks so handsome!


Beautiful little four-year-old sleeping, upside down on the couch.

A lamp I inherited from my neighbor.  Lovely? And truthfully, it matches the antique
furniture I have in my guest room!

Valentine's Day!  Not the cake I made, but mine looked similar.  Found a frozen homemade chocolate cake layer from a couple weeks ago in my freezer.  Added some ganache, some raspberries, and some whipped cream stars.  Ganache: 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream, heated over medium heat until hot, add 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, remove from heat, stir until thick.  When it is cool enough to not puddle everywhere, pour over the top of the cake.  Refrigerate until firm.  MMMMMM.  I'll be selling one of these at our ward dessert auction in March!

For the hubs!  A box of licorice and BACON roses-idea found
on pinterest. Roll each piece of raw bacon into a bud, and secure with
two toothpicks near the bottom of the bud.  Place tip up on
a baking rack in a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or so,
until bacon is done and crisp.  Pop the petals off some silk flowers (leaving
a stem in the middle) and place each bacon bud onto the stem.
Voila!  Happy husband!


Seth's Valentine Box! 

2 comments:

  1. Fun pictures! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly a pinterest-worthy mom! Amazing work - love it all!!

    ReplyDelete